Special topics in art history
- Ancient and Byzantine mosaic materials
- How was it made? Micromosaics
- Medieval goldsmiths
- An Art of Attraction: The Electrotyping Process
- Glassmaking technique: free-blown glass
- Roman mold-blown glass
- How stained glass is made
- Stained glass: history and technique
- The conservator's eye: a stained glass Adoration of the Magi
Enamelling is a colorful art technique that fuses powdered glass to metal. It's been used for centuries to create stunning jewelry and decorative items. The process involves heating the glass until it melts and sticks to the metal, creating a vibrant, durable finish.
Want to join the conversation?
- I am working in goldsmithing. Do you have any related course?(4 votes)
- for instruction in the process of goldsmithing, you'll have to go elsewhere. There may be some lessons ABOUT goldsmithing as it relates to Art History somewhere in this extensive course, but I'd recommend you search first at smarthistory.org, where search is easier.(3 votes)