Europe 1300 - 1800
- Who was Albrecht Dürer?
- Albrecht Dürer
- Dürer, The Triumphal Arch or Arch of Honor
- Dürer, Self-portrait, Study of a Hand and a Pillow
- Dürer, Self-portrait (1498)
- Dürer, Self-portrait (1500)
- Dürer, Self-portrait
- Dürer, The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse
- Dürer, the Large Piece of Turf
- Albrecht Dürer, Adam and Eve
- Dürer, Adam and Eve
- Dürer, Melencolia
- Decoding art: Dürer's Melencolia I
- What is Melencolia?
- Dürer, Four Apostles
- Dürer's woodcuts and engravings
Met curator Stijn Alsteens on observation in Albrecht Dürer’s Self-portrait, Study of a Hand and a Pillow (recto); Six Studies of Pillows (verso), 1493.
View this work on metmuseum.org.. Created by The Metropolitan Museum of Art.
Want to join the conversation?
- What are some of Albrecht Dürer’s famous works?(3 votes)
- Some of Albrecht Dürer’s famous works are:
• The Paumgartner Altarpiece
• Christ as the Man of Sorrows
• Christ Among the Doctors
• Study of Praying Hands
• Knight, Death & Devil
• Melancholia I
• Lamentation for Christ(5 votes)
- Clearly these would not have been commissioned works, so can they be seen more as practice sketches or as demonstrations to friends and acquaintances of his skills?(2 votes)