- Introduction to character design
- Character types
- Exercise 1: Who is your character?
- Exercise 2: Costumes
- Character sheets
- Exercise 3: Character Sheet
- Exercise 4: Prototype armature
- Exercise 5: Digital armatures
- Controlling an animatronic character
- Exercise 6: Control
Practice controlling a simple animatronic figure.
Exercise 6: Control
Activity: Get some practice with controlling animatronic figures using the digital tool below. Here is a short video that introduces you to the program:
Have fun and see what kind of expressions you can create:
Congratulations! You now have an idea of how we plan, design & prototype animatronic characters. We hope you will use these principles in the creation of your own animatronic characters.
Want to join the conversation?
- This was fun. I had a great time doing this whole program, really letting my artistic and storytelling side out.
And once I removed the showing of the skin, I could program this easily.(1 vote)