- Introduction to character design
- Character types
- Exercise 1: Who is your character?
- Exercise 2: Costumes
- Character sheets
- Exercise 3: Character Sheet
- Exercise 4: Prototype armature
- Exercise 5: Digital armatures
- Controlling an animatronic character
- Exercise 6: Control
Recreate your skeleton design using a digital tool.
Exercise 5: Digital armatures
Activity: Your job is to use the digital tool (below) to recreate your armature design from the previous exercise and bring it to life with an actuator.
Here is a short video that will introduce you to the basic functions of the tool:
Now it’s your turn. Have fun creating your own digital actuated armature!
Want to join the conversation?
- I think we could use more detailed instruction on how this works. Working up a few more examples would be helpful.(11 votes)
- I can't get it to work even when i press animate and play.(7 votes)
- Dundundundun! Drumroll! After many tries and many errors, I've finally gotten an armature that actually moves!
It's got a few errors but it at least moves! I watched that video countless times and made sure I followed Tara's steps in some way and it paid off! Yipppeeee!!
I hope you guys get it right. Good luck!(2 votes)
- I literally can’t do anything it won’t put down a rod and I can’t select any of the nodes it just keeps placing them down.(2 votes)
- Guys, don't get frustrated. Creating an armature requires more knowledge on how actuators work. I have had a hard time creating my armature (I can't get to fix the angles), but my conclusion is that if it is not moving that's because I'm missing an actuator or an electric motor somewhere.
It would be great if there was a better guide to use this tool.(1 vote)