- Introduction to character design
- Character types
- Exercise 1: Who is your character?
- Exercise 2: Costumes
- Character sheets
- Exercise 3: Character Sheet
- Exercise 4: Prototype armature
- Exercise 5: Digital armatures
- Controlling an animatronic character
- Exercise 6: Control
Begin thinking about what your character will wear.
Exercise 2: Costumes
Before building your character in detail it’s helpful to create a rough costume of what they will look like. Keep in mind you can use your whole body for this costume...
or just a part of your body such as your hand.
Activity: Imagine you need to go to a costume party as your character. What would you wear?
- Demonstrate how your character moves using a simple costume.
- Try to create different emotions using your costume (sad, happy, curious, scared...)
Want to join the conversation?
- I think my character will wear very shiny dresses and the dress is very long and full of glitter and sparkle.(6 votes)
- My character is Red Riding Hood. I'm pretty sure everyone knows what she wears, but I'm still going to say. She would wear a bright red cape and have a short dress. The dress would be kind of old fashioned, but not fully. It would have a plaited skirt and have a white top. The top would have one of those x things over the chest. She would hold a cute little basket with cakes in it. The basket would be brownish and pale. Since I have to also have the grandma, I'll tell that one, too. Since the wolf steals most of her clothes, the grandma would just have a plain white dress.(3 votes)
- Very flowy, light fabrics that can move with ease. Lots of white, blue and red. Maybe a dress that is ripped and tattered(3 votes)
- Wolfy will wear a black hoodie and normal jeans when she is her animatronic form she wears grey clothes but her tail and mask are grey eyes are blue/red and she has ripped clothes(3 votes)
- Wolfy will wear mainly just wear grey. Flame wears fire colors, her twin, winter, will wear more icy blue colors. duchess will where more fashionable choices.(3 votes)
- well she'd wear black ripped jeans a white shirt and an oversized dark grey sweater which gives a "meh" and comfy mood(3 votes)