- Introduction to attraction design
- Story within attractions
- Exercise 1: Thrill and story
- Dark Rides
- Exercise 2: High concept
- Blue sky
- Exercise 3: Blue sky
- Exercise 4: Storyboards
- Pitching ideas
- Exercise 5: Pitching
- Ride systems
- Exercise 6: Choose your ride system
- Attraction layout
- Exercise 7: Paper layout
- Ride capacity
- Exercise 8: Ride simulator
- Scale models
- Exercise 9: Scale model
Summarize your attraction with a simple sentence.
Exercise 2: High concept
Activity: Write two or three ideas for your own attraction. An example of a high concept statement is: “go for a bike ride on the moon”. Once you’ve come up with a few ideas, try them out on a friend to see how they respond. Pick the one you are most excited about to carry through the rest of this lesson.
Want to join the conversation?
- I am doing a Narnia theme park, and the dark ride could be a tour of Narnia/ the prophesy told by the beavers.
- Ride Concepts:
#1. An inside monorail ride that goes through the Rebel Base in Star Wars.
#2. A VR (Virtual Reality) experience where you are one of the characters in Star Wars, where you fight one of the battles that character has been in.
#3. A inside laser battle of the battle on the Star ship on Star Wars episode nine at the ultimate battle.
(If you haven't noticed, I LOVE Star Wars!)
Tell me what you think!(10 votes)
- when do we get to make a world or land.(4 votes)
- I am basing my theme park on the book series Warrior Cats.(6 votes)
- Ok here is my ideia: It involves bringing two Pixar’s histories together, Up and Inside Out. My high concept is "revisiting great memories from WDW vacations. The history is that Carl hears that another one of his favorite rides in WDW is about to close down (great movie ride). He’s kinda sad because it brings memories of many of his trips with his late wife. So, inside his head, anger takes command and decides to built his own attraction inside his mind. And not just a ride, but the best ride ever (according to his oppinion). So the ride itself would be a mashup with many scenes of closed rides put together as in Carl’s imagination. The twist is that instead of a perfect scene from those old closed attractions, all of them would actually be a little off, not as it was but as Carl rememberes it. Each scene would be one emotion inside Carl’s head remembering an old closed attraction, and the overall felling of each scene would be influenced by each emotion. It would be an awesome attraction for new guests yet a very nostalgic one for old WDW fans who could revisited old rides.(5 votes)
- Do all Disney ride need a story on the platform I mean the ride on the ride does the story need to be on the ride?(5 votes)
- I am doing going to make my world based on Tomorrowland which is already a thing in Florida but I want to add onto it.(5 votes)
- I am doing a LotR themed world, I was thinking either a large battle scene of minas tirith where you ride in with the Rohirim and attack the raiders and oliphants, or a chase through the mines of moria with the Barlog and goblins after you.(3 votes)