- Introduction to attraction design
- Story within attractions
- Exercise 1: Thrill and story
- Dark Rides
- Exercise 2: High concept
- Blue sky
- Exercise 3: Blue sky
- Exercise 4: Storyboards
- Pitching ideas
- Exercise 5: Pitching
- Ride systems
- Exercise 6: Choose your ride system
- Attraction layout
- Exercise 7: Paper layout
- Ride capacity
- Exercise 8: Ride simulator
- Scale models
- Exercise 9: Scale model
What kind of vehicle will carry people through your attraction?
Exercise 6: Choose your ride system
What kind of ride system do you imagine will take people through your ride? Here are some key questions to answer:
- Is the vehicle on land or in water?
- How many riders do you plan to put in each ride vehicle?
- Is the vehicle on a track or does it move freely?
- Do the vehicle seats move or are they facing one direction?
- How does this vehicle support the story of your attraction?
Provide a rough sketch of what your ride vehicles might look like.
Want to join the conversation?
- My ride is ether a big VR ride like the flight of passage or a more personal ride like the Herry Potter ride. My ride is a Percy Jackson pegasus ride.(11 votes)
- My scary ride is different, because it is in water at one part, but on land at another part. I plan to have 15 people per ride, because it isn’t too big, or too small. It moves free, so that you can go to all the parts of the ride. The seats move at different parts of the ride. It is a boat made of candy that looks like it fits in.(3 votes)
- 1. Water in corridors at S.H.I.E.L.D base.
2. Maybe like 12 in groups of 3?
3. On a track.
4.They stay facing one direction.
5. You are taking a tour at S.H.I.E.L.D base #14.
for the full story see Exercise 5: Pitching comments. you might like it(4 votes)
- My ride is ether a big VR ride like the flight of passage or a more personal ride like the Herry Potter ride. My ride is a Percy Jackson pegasus ride.(3 votes)
- 1) land/air
2) 4 people
3) track (most likely)
4) seat move
5) it is supposed to be like a Pegasus that you are supposedly riding on(3 votes)
- a rollar coaster through the cattle valley and through horse valley.And maybe a boat ride.(3 votes)
- My ride's story is that humans are endangered and they have to race against multiple races. When they race one of the evil races unscrew something so that we being the most powerful competitors lose. But when we fall we come upon a hidden shortcut which has multiple creatures including dragons and squids. And at last they win.My ride goes through water and land, has 4 people per time, it moves on a track, the seats move and the vehicle is the racing vehicle in my story(3 votes)
- My ride is a Star Wars dogfight simulator.
There are two experiences, Rebel, and Empire.
You begin in a transport hanger, you are a refugee from the Planet Batuu, this is your escape attempt. The empire will either demand your compliance in exchange for your life, or you will willingly join to help the rebels.
Each time you are randomly sorted into one, (Ship will bord your own, either demanding or asking for your help)
You walk into a great hanger, you can chose a family vehicle like a bomber, or a singe like an X wing or Tie. Poles will lock into the bottom of the ships, hooking them up to a motion based rig. The panels in front of you light up, and you engage in a fight. Everyone is on their own server, and the result of the battle is up to you. (You ship is indestructible But you don't know that , the worst that can happen is you lose your droid assistant, or you need to make repairs by hitting certain buttons) You can lose the battle by making cowardice choices, or you can win it by making more dangerous maneuvers. Must be 55 inches tall.
At the end you see either Luke Skywalker in full X wing gear telling you that you flew great and that you gave it your all (works for winners and losers) Or an imperial commander telling you that your efforts benefited the empire. After every game you can find your ship number at the end of the ride, by matching ship numbers you can see your score (Nerf Herder, Rookie, Pilot, Red Leader, General, or for the best, you can even get Jedi)(2 votes)
- My ride is on land. It can hold up to six riders. It moves freely.the seats move as well. It supports it by being a student that most of you guys were and messing around.(2 votes)
- so, i have a world that has multiple very different landscapes because each is powered by a different source. I was thinking of a ride that might fly through each of these, lands, so when you go exploring on your own, you don't feel like you missed something when you leave, but when you come back, you discover new things, like a colony of a type of elves you've never seen before (yes, my world has elves, like The Dragon Prince.)(2 votes)
- My ride vehicle will be on land. The vehicle will seat two riders in the front and two riders in the back. The vehicle is on a track. The seats will be facing on direction. The guests will be riding musical buggies which will tie in to the history of some of the greatest composers.(2 votes)