- Introduction to attraction design
- Story within attractions
- Exercise 1: Thrill and story
- Dark Rides
- Exercise 2: High concept
- Blue sky
- Exercise 3: Blue sky
- Exercise 4: Storyboards
- Pitching ideas
- Exercise 5: Pitching
- Ride systems
- Exercise 6: Choose your ride system
- Attraction layout
- Exercise 7: Paper layout
- Ride capacity
- Exercise 8: Ride simulator
- Scale models
- Exercise 9: Scale model
Practice explaining your story to someone new
Exercise 5: Pitching
Activity: Pitch your storyboard to friends or family members. Here are some things to consider while preparing your pitch:
- What is the setup of your pitch?
- What’s unique about your attraction?
- What’s the climax?
- How will your pitch end?
Once you are finished pitching take some time to digest the feedback you’ve received. Then go back and adjust your storyboard to address the feedback. Continue this process until you are happy with your storyboard.
Want to join the conversation?
- My attraction is a once in a lifetime unique ride. It is a hyper realistic experience that gives you a tour of the galaxy. At the peak of it you will flyby the sun and get a blast of heat in the cabin. On the return you simply core to earth and experience a realistic reentry and landing(10 votes)
- Another cool ending would be that the cabin starts to spin as you're slowly sucked into a black hole. Every thing is pitch black while the attendants prepare the next cabin for departure. You could even show the planet you were heading to right before you start to spin.(5 votes)
- Books are an important part of our lives, we use them to learn and to be entertained. But have you ever wanted to enter the world you've read? Now you can. Enter the enchanted world of Narnia, based on the C.S. Lewis series of novels and the 2005 Disney film, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. Race against time as the 100 year old winter melts away. Here in this land you will see a snowy forest turn into a spring paradise. Hop on a carraige and save the fawn, Tumnus, and Edmund Pevensie from the White Witch. As you escape the Queen's wolves, hurtle down the river and to the battle of Good vs. Evil and ride alongside the mighty lion, Aslan. This thrilling family style rollercoaster/dark ride hybrid will use state of the art audio animatronics, fiber optics, and projection mapping to fully immerse you into the story of Narnia.
We are all important and as Sons of Adam and Daughters of Eve we will learn to discover our destinies and learn about the wonder of nature and the value of family. I hope we can take a trip through the Wardrobe soon.(6 votes)
- one of my rides goes all the way around the park(5 votes)
- My ride is a ride you will never forget. Ever got caught with a paper plane and you threw it. Imagine being on that plane. A student throws that paper plane around the class room and it keeps going until it hits the teacher. She throws it out the window and you go around the world.(5 votes)
- Do you ever wish the transportation from Star Wars was real? Well, now it is! On this ride, you get to go on a mission with the Mandalorian to retrieve his stolen credits! Ride a speeder at breakneck speed to catch the thief who stole the credits! But beware, because you, the Mandalorian, and the thief are armed with blasters!
(Feel free to criticize)(5 votes)
- my ride is based on the Emperor's new groove. what makes my ride unique is that it provides a 360 experience. the ride starts after Yzma is fired and goes into her lab. the lab is an intense cart ride. after the ride, you get off and watch a small sequence where Yzma poisons Kuzco.(4 votes)
- i want people to connect to people they don't usually hangout with and learn more about teamwork(3 votes)
- I will create some sort of ride. It will be called "Not what you expect." In the ride, you will go on a cart that goes in a circle on a blank track; or so you may think. At the end of the track is a small tunnel that seems to bring you back to the track in a circle. When you enter the tunnel though, a secret doorway appears, and the cart falls in a sudden drop in the dark tunnel. As you race along the track, flames spurt from along the wallls, illuminating the track. At the end of the drop, the cart splashes in a small pool of water, and then goes up the tunnel. At the end of the tunnel, you come out of the other side, bringing you back to the blank track.(3 votes)
- Imagine yourself in a world where the fortunate live off-planet in luxurious surroundings or are doing important work for humanity. Unfortunately, you are here on an over abused and depleted resourced Earth. Leaders of the world have bioengineered replicants that offer a chance for humanity to conquer new worlds and relieve ourselves of dangerous and monotonous drudgery. You are here to hold the line between replicants and humans. a guest arrives as they pass through a tunnel leading into the acid rain-soaked dingy streets of future Los Angeles. cultures collide as people from all over the old earth gather here in a world where sea levels have risen. Food from all corners of the earth - and some newly engineered offer guests the smell and tastes of exotic and extinct cuisines of the remnants of cultures now underwater. above the sights and sounds of holographic advertisements offering off-world vacations and indulgences for all manners of virtual and augmented realities. the guests wind through these streets and hail autonomous cab that are able to fly high above the city streets and feature vistas of the megacity and the multitudes of townscapes rising above the din(3 votes)