- Intro to creating worlds
- Thinking about the story of a land
- Exercise 1: Your own land
- The theme of a land
- Exercise 2: Theme
- Exercise 3: Layout
- Designing buildings for a land
- Exercise 4: Building design
- Exercise 5: Landscape and plant life design
- Exercise 6: Materials
- Exercise 7: Graphics and color
- Exercise 8: Sound design
- Taste and Smell
- Exercise 9: Design a menu
- Mood board
- Exercise 10: Mood board
What grows in your land?
Exercise 5: Landscape and plant life design
Below are some images taken of the landscape in Pandora and Cars Land.
Question: What does the plant life tell you about the land and how does it make you feel?
Activity: Find one or more reference images for both the plant life and landscape of your land.
- How do these images reflect the theme and story of your land?
- If you’d like to create new plants, which don’t exist on earth, provide a sketch!
Want to join the conversation?
- mine has a city part do I add landscape there?(21 votes)
- Sure! If you want to, you can add plants! There is no limit to Imagineering, so design whatever you come up with. (I am going to be an Imagineer when I grow up, so I really love this program.) If you love Imagineering, you should check out the show "The Imagineering Story" on Disney plus. Lots of people in there are also in this.(6 votes)
- I wish I went to either Disneyland or Disney World. I mean these people in the video are making me kinda jelious. Hope I can go.(15 votes)
- my land has multiple areas in witch many different plants live such as a ice thorn or a lava bloom, kinda cool right?(13 votes)
- my land has pink flowers and trees and sunflowers and rainbow flowers(11 votes)
- dose my land have to have trees and plants? what if it doesn't really fit my land?(6 votes)
- No. For example a desert or a wasteland might have unusual rocks instead. Or an urban setting might not have plants at all. Just keep to the theme and build from there.(10 votes)
- guys dont you think there is a god out there who crated plants..............pleses anser me,(8 votes)
- I want Guests visiting my land (Salem Town) to feel like they are on a road trip to a friendly, modern neighborhood with rustic buildings, gravel, and rock pathways. I imagine the land full of greenery, small bushes and urban trees. Cheerful at day and a bit spooky at night.(3 votes)
- The first photo make me happy because it has alot of color which means it has alot of water. The second one makes me hot because its a desert. If I could design one I would use colorful plants that attract butterflies and in no pattern just multiple plants everywhere.(3 votes)