- Intro to creating worlds
- Thinking about the story of a land
- Exercise 1: Your own land
- The theme of a land
- Exercise 2: Theme
- Exercise 3: Layout
- Designing buildings for a land
- Exercise 4: Building design
- Exercise 5: Landscape and plant life design
- Exercise 6: Materials
- Exercise 7: Graphics and color
- Exercise 8: Sound design
- Taste and Smell
- Exercise 9: Design a menu
- Mood board
- Exercise 10: Mood board
What will the buildings in your land look like?
Exercise 4: Building design
Below are some actual research photos that were taken during the development of Treasure Cove. The pictures were taken to demonstrate the aged, overgrown look of the buildings in the park.
Activity: Find or take some reference images which look similar to the buildings you imagine in your own land (you can also sketch designs if you can’t find references.)
Want to join the conversation?
- I was thinking of a Jules Verne style land, but you choose the directions of the rides and where your car/capsule/submarine goes. Does this seem all over the place and too random to any of you?(16 votes)
- one of my rides building is half way under water I guess what I'm asking is would u all feel safe in a ride under the ground with water above?
and any tips would be nice!(10 votes)
- My entrace will have a scrunchie interor for the walls and maybe even for the floors and when you enter you will get a scrunchie a hydroflask and a save the turtles clip and t-shirt.(7 votes)
- giving people hydroflasks would be expensive and the t-shirts would probably be expensive too.(2 votes)
- In my land(dreamland) the restaurants and shops will look like the first picture that is shown here and the rides will be covered with vines, rocks, and flowers(4 votes)
- In my land, my building is in space and there is no gravity at all or oxygen. You need an oxygen tank in my world. There are also restaurants on different planets.(3 votes)
- So my idea is a World of Tron: Inside the computer.
I don't know that there are many real world examples I could look at. Aside from Modern Skyscrapers...
Any suggestions?(3 votes)
- I am doing an Alice and wonderland theme but on the mad hatters point of view, and I don't know if anyone else is going to like it. I just really need advice(3 votes)
- How are you supposed to find refrences of a book that may never will become a movie and is not very descriptive on the background area?(2 votes)
- Then you find yourself in a wonderful position! You can design the buildings to look however you want.(2 votes)