- Intro to creating worlds
- Thinking about the story of a land
- Exercise 1: Your own land
- The theme of a land
- Exercise 2: Theme
- Exercise 3: Layout
- Designing buildings for a land
- Exercise 4: Building design
- Exercise 5: Landscape and plant life design
- Exercise 6: Materials
- Exercise 7: Graphics and color
- Exercise 8: Sound design
- Taste and Smell
- Exercise 9: Design a menu
- Mood board
- Exercise 10: Mood board
Exercise 2: Theme
What is the deeper meaning behind your land?
Exercise 2: Theme
Question 1: Think of one of your favorite stories…it could be from a book, movie, play, game or anything else.
- In a few words, what is the story really about?
- What is the main lesson or take-away from the story?
- What emotions and feelings did it create in you?
Question 2: Return to the land you were imagining in the previous exercise.
- What do you imagine it feels like to be in your land?
- What do you imagine people might learn when visiting your land?
- What do you want them to think about after leaving your land?
Want to join the conversation?
- Q1:I LOVE the Poler Express
The theme is if you donthave to see, to belive.
Q2:I think it whould feel exhilarating.
I mean, your in the future where you can seespace ships fly in the skys like airplanes! Its basicly Star Wars but with realistic stuff going around you. In the space-age, you dont need to see the moon up close to know it exists.(18 votes)
- Q1: Think of one your favorite stories
1.1: The story is about Jack Skellington, who is trying to spark interest in Halloween again.
1.2: The main lesson from the story would be that you should stick to yourself instead of copying others. Jack had gotten bored with Halloween, and he tried to change his usual routine to Christmas. A lot of his actions were met with confusion and skepticism by the other residents he governs over, who thought that what they were doing before was fun.
1.3: The movie itself made me excited, but the idea behind some of it was a great take away. It talks about how, while trying something new doesn't always work well, it creates a worthwhile experience that you can learn from.
Q2: Return to the land you imagined
2.1: I imagine it feels wonderful, being surrounded by experiences catering to fans of a long running franchise. It would undoubtedly feel awesome, and I'd just be in anticipation of getting on one of the rides.
2.2: I imagine that people might learn a little more about Transformers and it's overall history. They could find out a lot more about the engineering side of the toys.
2.3: I want them to feel great, almost relieved to see the journey to an end. I want it to be something that never gets old, so that people can continue to have fun. I also want it to be a little bit more than just a usual learning scenario, with several interactive tidbits for other people to rely on.(12 votes)
- A WHISKER AWAY search on google now! or... you can go on Netflix and watch it.(7 votes)
- I like a Whisker Away!(4 votes)
- Theme of Harry Potter: Everyone should be treated equally whether they're different or not.(3 votes)
- 1.1: In the movie "Flicka", a young girl slowly grows a special bond with a wild mustang that her father hated at first who gets rescued by and nursed Flicka from a mountain lion attack.
1.2: The lesson of this movie is to find your own restless spirit.
1.3: Happy because of the horses, sad when the father of the girl doesn't like Flicka, mad when the father sold Flicka to the rodeo, scared whenever the mountain lion came into view, grossed out from Flicka's wounds, and surprised when the father didn't shoot him, but the mountain lion.
2.1: It'll make you feel free to be your true self and no one can judge you for that.
2.2: Everything about horses; from anatomy. to responsibilities of own horses.
2.3: Having a horse or pony of their very own.(5 votes)
- mine's about somewhere in Antarctica. near the tall mountains.hikers,fake snow queens, polar bears and of course ice.(4 votes)
- I'm doing mine on the Mandalorian, on Arvala 7(4 votes)
- 1.1: Co-living with all the nature forms of life, about LIFE UNITY.
1.2: To live as society not individuals, help, protect, respect, tolerate, appreciate other cultures, equality.
1.3: Caring about the animals and plants, interest on others´ traditions and values, a social group feeling. Being brave to face the problems and unity.
2.1: It will feel like entering a new world, very similar to ours but with different forms of life, discover the hidden wonders of it and help the gelfgings and nature on the fight against the Skeksis
2.2: They will learn to care about plants and animals, to be more social and respective, tolerate and help others when needed.
2.3: To think on how to make our lives more green, to appreciate open nature spaces, smells, colors, freshness... To see others with nice eyes, respecting, being more polite with them. To unite against the ones who damage the world and society.(4 votes)
- I'm stumped on what to do, any ideas?(3 votes)
- Make your own from your favorite book or movie! Just follow the outline of it and create the background. Then the characters, and finally the park itself.(2 votes)
- My theme would be Guardians of the Galaxy on the planet Ego. You get to experience the world of Ego and the culture a celestial.(3 votes)