- Intro to creating worlds
- Thinking about the story of a land
- Exercise 1: Your own land
- The theme of a land
- Exercise 2: Theme
- Exercise 3: Layout
- Designing buildings for a land
- Exercise 4: Building design
- Exercise 5: Landscape and plant life design
- Exercise 6: Materials
- Exercise 7: Graphics and color
- Exercise 8: Sound design
- Taste and Smell
- Exercise 9: Design a menu
- Mood board
- Exercise 10: Mood board
Assemble all your reference materials to demonstrate your vision.
Exercise 10: Mood board
Here is an example of a mood board used during the development of Pandora: The World of Avatar. In this mood board notice how it captures the look and feel of the buildings, materials and plantlife in the land using sketches & images. It also contains colors which will be used throughout the land.
Activity 1: Create a mood board for your land by assembling all the references you’ve collected thus far (materials, buildings, colors...etc). Feel free to add additional images that help you visualize and feel the mood of your land. There are no “rules” to follow except the more references you can find the better. You can do this physically or virtually.
Activity 2: Present this mood board to a friend (or group) and tell them a few brief things about your land (such as the name, time period, the story, and theme). Ask them what other things come to mind when looking at your mood board. Then go back and make changes to your mood board until you are happy with the result.
Want to join the conversation?
- When do we get to create our own park an the computer.(21 votes)
- The question is can your computer handle it? Rendering in blender at 30fps requires a cpu clocked at 3.5ghz or higher and a gpu that is the equivelent to a Nvidia Geforce 2050ti.(5 votes)
- should the mood generate a feeling that the scene is trying to give off?(4 votes)
- Yes, the mood board should help stimulate a particular feeling or group of feelings which the land is intended to give to a guest.(6 votes)
- My mood board has images of spy gadgets and my color scheme, which was listed above in Exercise #7, I think. My mood board also has images of futuristic skyscrapers, if this all makes sense.(5 votes)
- I don’t understand how do I draw a mood board(4 votes)
- i hope those foods recipes and youtube music i could use for my theme park and the music from youtube would be acceptable(3 votes)
- i do not Know what a mood board is(1 vote)
- it is the way you want the people to feel if you are still confused you can watch the video on mood boards(5 votes)
- hi, are the people that answer the Q's imaginaires are just random people(2 votes)
- This is so amazing to me, because Pandora is my second favorite land in Walt Disney World (my favorite being Adventureland in Magic Kingdom)! Pandora is so aesthetic and it's especially vibrant and immersive at night. I love to see how some things inspired the land, and which didn't make the cut.(2 votes)