Global cultures 1980–now
- Christian Boltanski, Personnes, 2010
- Betye Saar, Liberation of Aunt Jemima
- Reflecting on "We the People"
- Kara Walker, Darkytown Rebellion
- Walker, Darkytown Rebellion
- Kara Walker on the dark side of imagination
- Romance novels and slave narratives: Kara Walker imagines herself in a book
- Kara Walker, "A Subtlety, or the Marvelous Sugar Baby"
- Turning Uncle Tom's Cabin upside down, Alison Saar's Topsy and the Golden Fleece
- An interview with Kerry James Marshall about his series Mementos
- Speaking to past and present, Clarissa Rizal’s Resilience Robe
- Tenzing Rigdol, Pin drop silence: Eleven-headed Avalokiteshvara
- An unflinching memorial to civil rights martyrs, Thornton Dial's Blood and Meat
- Titus Kaphar, The Cost of Removal
- Wendy Red Star, 1880 Crow Peace Delegation
- Yee I-Lann, Picturing Power #6…
- Superman, World War II, and Japanese-American experience (Roger Shimomura, Diary: December 12, 1941)
- Fred Wilson’s museum interventions
- Ken Gonzales-Day, Erased Lynching Series
- History and deception: Kenseth Armstead’s Surrender Yorktown 1781
- Carrie Mae Weems on her series "From Here I Saw What Happened and I Cried"
- Lam Tung Pang on "A Day of Two Suns (2019)"
- Abdoulaye Ndoye, Ahmed Baba