Big History Project
- ACTIVITY: DQ Notebook 5.0
- WATCH: Unit 5 Overview - Life
- ACTIVITY: Vocab Tracking
- WATCH: A Big History of Everything - H2
- ACTIVITY: How Closely Related Are We?
- ACTIVITY: Threshold Card — Threshold 5 Life
- WATCH: The Origin of Life
- READ: Life and Purpose
- READ: Gallery — What is Life?
- ACTIVITY: Claim Testing – What Is Life?
- Quiz: What Is Life?
ACTIVITY: Threshold Card — Threshold 5 Life
Each threshold follows a consistent pattern of creating greater complexity in the Universe. Download a PDF of Threshold 5: Life.
Want to join the conversation?
- Can life be created in the laboratory now that we have the ingredients and can create the goldilocks conditions?(3 votes)
- This is false! Life is way too complex. We can't even create one strand of DNA in the lab. see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis(3 votes)
- What kind of DNA would extra trearestaral beings have.(3 votes)
- this was really interesting but do I really have a big history project?!(2 votes)
- What if the earth ends and all the life dies, what happens to the chemicals mentioned on this video like mentabolism?(2 votes)
- Metabolism is the life processes that regulate the digestion of food, growth, and maintain homeostasis.(1 vote)