Big History Project
- ACTIVITY: Living in the Extremes of the Biosphere
- ACTIVITY: DQ Notebook 5.3
- READ: What Is the Biosphere?
- ACTIVITY: Infographic — Chemical Abundances: The Oceans
- ACTIVITY: Infographic — Chemical Abundances: A Meteorite
- ACTIVITY: Infographic — Chemical Abundances: Human Body
- WATCH: How Do Earth and Life Interact?
- WATCH: How We Proved An Asteroid Wiped Out The Dinosaurs
- READ: Gallery — How Do Earth and Life Interact?
- Quiz: How Do Earth and Life Interact
This activity will help you stay focused on the driving question for the unit, and allow you to see how your thinking has grown and changed based on new evidence and a new understanding of claim testing.
Driving Question: How and why do theories evolve?
Take out the DQ Notebook Worksheet - Unit 5 that you started in Lesson 5.0 and answer the question again in the second column. In your answer cite one or two pieces of new information that you learned in the unit so far that helps support your answer to the question. You should cite this evidence and explain why it’s important and how it connects to your answer.
In the third column of the worksheet, explain how your thinking has changed from the first time you responded to the driving question.