Big History Project
- ACTIVITY: What Caused Expansion?
- WATCH: Unit 8 Overview | Big History Project
- ACTIVITY: Unit 8 Vocab Tracking
- ACTIVITY: DQ Notebook 8.0
- WATCH: Why Did Civilizations Expand?
- WATCH: The Modern Revolution
- READ: The Four World Zones
- Quiz: Expansion & Interconnection
ACTIVITY: DQ Notebook 8.0
This activity, which you’ll see throughout the course, presents the driving question for the unit. The driving question exists to help you really focus on the big idea of the unit, and to help connect all the knowledge you are acquiring. You’ll revisit the driving question twice in every unit.
Download the Driving Question Notebook Worksheet for Unit 8. Respond to the unit driving question: What are the positive and negative impacts of interconnection? in the first column of your worksheet. You’ll have to use prior knowledge and use logic to answer it the first time since this is the start of the unit. By the end of the unit when you answer the driving question again, you’ll have a lot more to contribute.