Big History Project
Course: Big History Project > Unit 2Lesson 2: How Did Our Understanding of the Universe Change? | 2.1
- ACTIVITY: DQ Notebook 2.1
- WATCH: Why Cosmic Evolution Matters
- READ: Dr. Wu and the Left-Handed Universe – Graphic Biography
- READ: Claudius Ptolemy
- READ: Nicolaus Copernicus
- READ: Galileo Galilei
- READ: Isaac Newton
- READ: Henrietta Leavitt
- READ: Edwin Hubble
- READ: Standing on the Shoulders of Invisible Giants
- READ: The Missing Link? — The Maragha Observatory
- Quiz: How Did Our Understanding of the Universe Change?
ACTIVITY: DQ Notebook 2.1
This activity, which you’ll see throughout the course, presents the driving question for the unit. The driving question exists to help you really focus on the big idea of the unit, and to help connect all the knowledge you are acquiring. You’ll revisit the driving question twice in every unit.
Download the Driving Question Notebook Worksheet for Unit 2. Respond to the unit driving question: How and why do individuals change their minds? in the first column of your worksheet. You’ll have to use prior knowledge and use logic to answer it the first time since this is the start of the unit. By the end of the unit when you answer the driving question again, you’ll have a lot more to contribute.
Want to join the conversation?
- How did human kind find out about The Big Bang(3 votes)
- If you look at the videos in the previous lesson it discusses the discovery of cosmic background radiation in the 1960s that would be the landmark evidence for the Big Bang Theory.(1 vote)