Big History Project
- ACTIVITY: Unit 7 Vocab Tracking
- WATCH: Unit 7 Overview
- ACTIVITY: This Threshold Today
- WATCH: Threshold 7 — Agriculture
- ACTIVITY: DQ Notebook 7.0
- WATCH: Why Was Agriculture So Important?
- WATCH: Jacqueline Howard — History of Domestic Animals
- READ: Collective Learning (Part 2)
- ACTIVITY: Threshold Card — Threshold 7: Rise of Agriculture
- READ: Gallery — Agriculture
- Quiz: The Rise of Agriculture
ACTIVITY: This Threshold Today
This Threshold Today activities ask you to make connections between today’s world and the events of each threshold. In Threshold 7, it is important and interesting to know that even though agriculture is thousands of years old, there are still many unanswered questions about how and why people began to farm. This activity will allow you to investigate new research on agriculture including how scientists and historians are using techniques like DNA testing to determine plant and animal origins.
Agriculture is a crucial event in human history because it gives humans access to new sources of food and energy. Search online for recent articles on the origins of agriculture. Here are some resources to get you started:
For Further Discussion
In the Questions Area below, please do the following:
1. Post a link to the article that you found most interesting.
2. List one way that the article connects Threshold 7 to today.
3. Comment on someone else’s link, and add another way that their article connects Threshold 7 to today.
Be sure to check back later to see if anyone commented on your post!