Art of Asia
- What is South Asia?
- Challenges, opportunities, and approaches for studying South Asian art
- Geographic regions of South Asia
- Understanding divine “blueness” in South Asia
- Representations of Krishna
- South Asian religions, an introduction
- Introduction to Islam
- Beliefs made visible: Buddhist art in South Asia
- Development of the Buddha image
- Bodhisattva Maitreya
- Mudras in Buddhist art
- Mahakala, Protector of the Tent
- Conservation: Indian Jama
By the Victoria & Albert Museum. Follow our conservation team as they carefully clean and repair a magnificent 19th century jama – a style of garment worn by men in India for centuries. This impressive example is embellished with gold and pieces of jewel beetle-wing cases, and needed delicate conservation before it could be put on display. Watch the processes that have added decades of life to this spectacular piece. Find out more: https://www.vam.ac.uk/articles/jama. Created by Smarthistory.