- What is Cultural Heritage?
- Where are the women artists?
- Must art be beautiful?
- Is there a difference between art and craft?
- What's the point of realism?
- What makes art valuable—then and now?
- Copying — spotlight: Virgin Hodegetria
- Copying as innovation and resistance
Must art be beautiful?
Should art be beautiful? Revisit ancient philosophers' thoughts on beauty and consider why we might be skeptical of beauty today. From The Art Assignment.
Want to join the conversation?
- This video suggests a dichotomy of beauty being objective or subjective - what about it being a memetic entity, such that the notion of beauty is an emergent entity that travels with people, that is both its own thing but comes out in a subjective way? This seems neither entirely objective nor subjective.(9 votes)
- Phew! I wish she'd slow down a little - or a lot. And the artworks just kept flashing by - I had to keep pausing the video to view them. I'm exhausted after watching it. What was the subject about again?(8 votes)