- What is art history and where is it going?
- Art history and world art history
- Why do people become art historians?
- Why study art of the past?
- Art and Empathy
- A brief history of representing the body in Western painting
- A brief history of representing of the body in Western sculpture
The video explores the powerful role of art in fostering empathy. It discusses how art allows us to connect with diverse perspectives and experiences, enhancing our understanding and compassion. This connection between art and empathy shapes our emotional responses and deepens our appreciation of art. Created by Smarthistory.
Want to join the conversation?
- so i guess books and movies are similar/can be art in that they get messages across and make you feel empathy. being emotionally invested in the main character(s) journey is the whole reason why you watch the movie or pick up the book(7 votes)
- At exactly12:49(You may have to pause it very fast) The person with the blue plaid shirt and hat looks like my grandfather. He fought in the Vietnam war, and he's gone there before.(4 votes)