- Why You Don't Like Art History
- Cultural heritage “in Crisis”
- How Climate Changes Art
- The $150,000 Banana
- Art about Migration
- What Art tells us about Gender
- Should Art Be Publicly Funded?
- Why Do Corporations Buy Art?
- What Does Resistance Look Like?
- The Case for Copying
- The Case For Nudity
- Trending Artists
- Behind the Banksy Stunt
Was your Art History class an endless succession of names and dates and movements? Art History doesn't have to be that way!
Want to join the conversation?
- A t6:22she says she teaches art history through a show. How can I find it? I don't even know her name!(6 votes)
- It's in the credits - her name is Sarah Urist Green, John Green's wife. Together they launched the art assignment. You can watch 'Fierce Women of Art' on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHair5dvG0s(5 votes)
- Does "Marxist Theory" refer to Karl Marx?(2 votes)
- The "Marx" of "Marxist Theory", is, indeed, Karl Marx. The theory has evolved in the 100+ years since his death. It's kind of like how the "Christ" in "Christian Religion" refers to a guy who lived and died in history, but the religion itself has evolved considerably in the approximatly 2000 years since. The same dynamic can also be applied to Euclidean geometry, Calvinism, and Peronism.(3 votes)
- why cant sal khan say it(0 votes)
- The Art History course videos were made by smarthistory.org. The grammar videos were made by David Rheinstrom. Sal Khan is certainly an able presenter, but he's also aware of his limitations. He can't, and doesn't, do everything.(6 votes)
- Where are the subtitles?(2 votes)