- Why You Don't Like Art History
- Cultural heritage “in Crisis”
- How Climate Changes Art
- The $150,000 Banana
- Art about Migration
- What Art tells us about Gender
- Should Art Be Publicly Funded?
- Why Do Corporations Buy Art?
- What Does Resistance Look Like?
- The Case for Copying
- The Case For Nudity
- Trending Artists
- Behind the Banksy Stunt
Public funding for art sparks debate. Supporters argue it enriches society, fosters creativity, and provides opportunities for artists. Critics claim it's not a government's role and funds could be better used elsewhere. The discussion helps us understand art's societal value.
Want to join the conversation?
- At1:29, who is the only woman who appears in the right side of the photograph depicting Lyndon B. Johnson's speech?(5 votes)
- Wouldn't crowdfunding be a viable alternative to government funding and funding by rich patrons?(1 vote)
- Yes, it is an alternative funding source. Croudfunding offers the possibility of "not-rich" patrons.(1 vote)