It’s always better to be honest, right? While lying often causes unnecessary problems, sometimes telling a lie can be useful and even the right thing to do! This unit includes articles that cover the science of lying and stories that demonstrate the good and bad that can come from fibbing.
In this unit, you will:
- Read about studies to do with how lying works
- Think about how it’s become a part of society
- Read stories with themes of honesty and dishonesty
- Consider when you think it’s OK to lie
- Watching videos that explain different approaches and strategies for reading
- Reading and answering questions about literary and informational texts
- Expanding your academic vocabulary
In order to answer the essential question: Why do we lie?
Want to join the conversation?
- i lie because im gay(78 votes)
- The earth is a better place without lying,so I lie.(27 votes)
- I am glad there are a lot of Christians in here.(18 votes)
- I guess we lie to not hurt peoples feelings(14 votes)
- Is being honest good though??(12 votes)
- Is lying really ever justifiable? Because still, it is an obstruction to the truth.
I'm not saying that I have never lied and I have no intentions to condemn anyone, but I'm saying to veer from truth is wrong at all times, is it not?
But then again, when you're a spy, is that a scenario justified?
(share your arguments, please, because this does not make sense to me)(10 votes)
- Lying is never right to do. I hate this course because it is saying that lying IS sometimes right!(5 votes)
- why are we learning this(8 votes)