6th grade reading & vocabulary
Welcome to the Ocean Conservation unit!
A brown sea turtle swimming in the ocean.
Nearly three-quarters of the earth is covered in water, and the oceans have all sorts of amazing ecosystems. But human actions, like using plastic and producing greenhouse gases, are endangering marine wildlife. This unit covers the impact humans have on the oceans and what we can do to help.
In this unit, you will:
- Learn about marine ecosystems
- See the impact humans are having on the oceans
- Find out what you can do to help marine ecosystems that are in danger
- Watching videos that explain different approaches and strategies for reading
- Reading and answering questions about literary and informational texts
- Learning new academic words
In order to answer the essential question: What are the challenges in preserving marine life?
Want to join the conversation?
- I support you 100000000000%(20 votes)
- Never agree to anything 100000000000%. Always seek new answers, and debated ones. Then you can see which one fits best.(0 votes)
- we need to clean the ocean(16 votes)
- I support 100 percent(9 votes)
- i surrport you 10000%(7 votes)
- 100% on #Fish have feelings too, it's called the sea for a reason, not a trashcan! Adorable, loveable fish are dying everyday!(6 votes)
- guys we have to help clean the ocean otherwise we will be swimming in trash! upvote this comment if you think swomming in trash is groo and we need to help the ocean.(6 votes)
- This is very sad that people are destroying the oceans, we all agree that we should help marine wild life(6 votes)
- If you guys want to know more about the seas secrets look up Sea Spearicy on netflix(5 votes)
- I agree because people should not throw trash and so the turtles don't eat it(4 votes)
- Why is there so much plastic in the ocean?(4 votes)