4th grade reading & vocabulary
Welcome to the Growth Mindset unit!
Have you ever tackled a hard problem and thought, “Whew! I don’t think I can do this!”? Well this unit is here to tell you that you can! In this unit, you will learn all about growth mindset. Growth mindset is the belief that you can grow your brain and that your intelligence grows with effort and the right learning strategies.
In this unit, you will:
- explore how individuals and groups overcome challenges
- learn about the secret superpowers of the human brain and how to exercise it like a muscle
- read about people who faced difficult situations and persevered
- watching videos to help you understand what good readers and writers do
- reading and answering questions about literary and informational texts
- learning new academic words
- applying correct grammar and mechanics (punctuation)
- revising and editing informational writing
In order to answer the essential question:
- How do people overcome challenges?
Want to join the conversation?
- how can growth mindset help you be smarter and learn faster?(21 votes)
- the growth mindset grows bigger by not talking smack to people(1 vote)
- I am sorry i only have 2 questions is water wet? and how did the earth become why is the earth round?(10 votes)
- Water is wet, in the sense of being a liquid which flows easily, because its viscosity is low, which is because its molecules are rather loosely joined together.(6 votes)
- this is a tip always try your best no ,matter what.....(9 votes)
- yes always pay attention to your work(1 vote)
- What is the difference between a normal human brain beside an autism brain? Or some people grow older, but their brain still keeps like a kid's brain. What happens to them that their brain does not grow?(6 votes)
- A normal human brain transmits non-affected signals while the brain of a person affected with ASD is impaired in their nervous system, causing damage to the brain which limits communication. Mental disorders and a significant slow-down of brain development.(5 votes)
- How many people overcome challenges is by continuously trying to do that thing ,or they just to not stop trying to find ways to complete it.(6 votes)
- How do you grow your mind(2 votes)
- Why so much word my brain hurts(4 votes)
- everybodys brain does not hurt(0 votes)
- if you really stugel on something for a will is hard for you than other stuff(3 votes)
- but why does not everyone have a big head for their brain?(3 votes)
- How do i learn more?(2 votes)