2nd grade reading & vocabulary
Welcome to this unit about the moon!
A close-up of an almost full moon.
Have you ever looked up at the night sky and wondered about the moon? How does it work? What is it like to visit? What is it made out of? People have been watching, learning, and writing about the moon for thousands of years. This unit will answer some of these questions about the moon, and maybe get you to start asking your own questions too.
In this unit, you will:
- Learn about the moon and how it works
- Read about characters that also wonder about the moon
- Find out how the moon affects the earth
- Watching videos to help you understand what good readers and writers do
- Reading and answering questions about literary and informational texts
- Learning new academic words
In order to answer the essential question: How do we tell fact from fiction?
Want to join the conversation?
- How is the moon still in the sky when it is day(14 votes)
- The moon is still in the sky, it just isn't in the part of the sky that we see. When it becomes day, a different part of the Earth is rotated so that it is able to see the moon, and it is night for them.(14 votes)
- why does the moon have different colors(10 votes)
- Because it is made out of different gases(4 votes)
- How big is the moon(9 votes)
- The moon has a radius of about 1,079 miles, which is about a quarter of Earth's radius. The moon's volume is 1/50th the size of the Earth.(5 votes)
- How long dose it take for it to be a full moon?(5 votes)
- After you see a full moon, it will take one lunar cycle, around 29.5 days, to see the next full moon.(11 votes)
- How many moons are in the milkyway galaxy?(4 votes)
- From NASA'S knowledge, there ought to be 10 Billion planets in our galaxy, so there ought to be 10 Billion moons too.(5 votes)
- Where did the moon come from.(5 votes)
- A moon is a planet(3 votes)
- fact is something that is being proofing, and fiction is something that is not proofing.(4 votes)
- How do people land on the moon and what is it like?(4 votes)
- Does the moon spin the overt(2 votes)
- how long has the moon exseted(2 votes)
- 4.53 billion years.(3 votes)