Use case: Preparing for math placement tests
- creating structured programs to help prepare for their specific exam
- or encouraging incoming students to use KA independently before classes begin
If you’re interested in encouraging students to use KA to help prepare for their placement tests, check out this article in finding study materials and tips.
The two examples below are from community colleges that decided to
Basic elements of successful student use
- Use a subject-level mission as homework or supplement. Our most popular mission for college students in transition is Algebra Basics, which covers the core topics in Algebra I & II.
- Focus on mastery. Getting a skill ‘practiced’ is important, but mastery shows that students are retaining these skills over time.
- Provide additional support, such as access to tutors and motivational strategies. The human element of learning is critical - it’s important for students to have instructors/peers to intervene when needed.
- Show students the basics of using KA. Providing a little help initially when using the tool can go a long way.