Use case: Supplementing practice in developmental math
Basic elements of successful student use
- Use a subject-level mission as homework or supplement. Our most popular mission for college students in transition is Algebra Basics, which covers the core topics in Algebra I & II.
- Focus on mastery. Getting a skill ‘practiced’ is important, but mastery shows that students are retaining these skills over time.
- Provide additional support, such as access to tutors and motivational strategies. The human element of learning is critical - it’s important for students to have instructors/peers to intervene when needed.
- Show students the basics of using KA. Providing a little help initially when using the tool can go a long way.
- If you’re considering using Khan Academy in your college or course, check out these tips for college implementations that we’ve put together based on our previous learnings. Feel free to adapt them to your unique needs.
- For stories on how Khan Academy has helped older students, check out our student testimonials.