Pixar in a Box
- Introduction to storytelling
- Your unique perspective
- Activity 1: Expressing memories
- Your favorite stories
- Activity 2: Your three favorite films
- What if...
- Activity 3: What if...
- World & character
- Activity 4: Characters & worlds
- Advice from storytellers
- Glossary: Storytelling
A scene from the Pixar short film "Sanjay's Super Team" with a boy inside a building with magical sculptures.
Part A: Return to your 3 films. Identify the worlds and characters in each. Write these down.
- Who are the main characters?
- Is there a character you identify with most?
- Where does the movie take place? Is it one world or multiple worlds?
Part B: Try mixing a character and world from different movies. Try this a few times and see what happens.
Part C: Return to your three "what if" statements from the previous exercises. Pick your favorite one. Can you imagine a possible character and world?
Part D: (optional) Draw or write about what life would be like in this world.
You can submit your ideas in the Tips & Thanks section below, or write them down in your story journal.
Want to join the conversation?
- what if you only used 60% percent of your brian?(69 votes)
- Actually, didn't scientists say we only use 10% of our brain normally? If that's true, I guess we'd all be really smart! That would be an interesting story plot.(47 votes)
- Barry b Benson from the Bee movie as a tribute in the hunger games(56 votes)
- What If when Thanos was little, He was Actually a Mutant Grape that Nobody wanted so He Wanted Revenge on Half the Universe? Now thats a Story Line if you ask me.(45 votes)
- Part A:
1. A lion; an old man; a robot.
2. The robot.
3. The movie has two acts, act one takes place in the scorched earth and the second one takes place in a mega starship cruiser.
1. A robot who’s cleaning the earth goes far to Africa and discovers that there the world is safe, he finds an old man with his flying house and a suricat who’s the King’s best friend and introduces him to the robot.
1. An old man goes to Africa in his flying house and found a cub lion near death and creates him into adulthood until a Sonda comes and takes the lion to a starship cruiser to be the first animal first seen by a now different kind of man.
3. A lion is walking around a devasted land to find two robots playing, one flies the other stays on the ground, he approaches and tries to eat the ground robot, he is called back by the other robot and goes back to find other animals to fight the robots, and the war begins.
A character who’s a nerd and knows everything about 2010’s pop culture. He lives alone, his parents left him. He works as a pizza delivery but has a lot of money, and in the meantime play games. He’s lonely, good looking and is always angry. He lives in a dystopian future where anyone who’s below the average on society is sent away for the mine-planets. In this world, machines mean more than humans, and humans are controlled by machines even the smart ones.
Life in this world is full and empty, full of propaganda, full promises of cars and houses and free satisfaction and people actually believe that happiness is in buying more promises and consume all you can. The rich ones live as what the “smart ones” call them “social gods”, they never suffer, go to school in childhood and adolescence, get a job that is already programmed for them for they are guided by their keepers (robots) into all of their life length. The poor ones are guided by robots too, but in less comfort, sometimes water does not come for weeks, sometimes energy stays away for months, but they manage to live their lives that way.(27 votes)
- What if General Hux fom Star Wars met Percy Weasley from Harry Potter and they became best friends and started an evil redheads club?(20 votes)
- In the son of the main characters? Woody, buzz lightyear, simba, wall-e
Is there a character I identify with more?
Zuly from mosnter inc
Where is the movie developed?
Toy Story in two houses, the lion king in the jungle, moster inc in an alternate world
Is it a world or multiple worlds?
What happens if all these characters coexist in the toy story movie?(13 votes)
- Who are the main characters? Me, myself, & I
Is there a character you identify with most? Me
Where does the movie take place? Is it one world or multiple worlds? multiple worlds(10 votes)
- Yes I too imagine myself as the main character , multiple actually like I set a few rules for one character and think from each others perspectives and make sure all are given equal treatment perhaps that is why in most of my stories end with the whole world being destroyed or prepare for the next adventure .(1 vote)
- I dont understand part c could you be more specific?(3 votes)
- Return to the the "What If?" Questions you came up with in Activity 3. Pick your favorite "What if?" out of the three, and think of a world it could take place in, along with a character who lives in this world.(3 votes)