Pixar in a Box
- Introduction to character
- Warm up activity
- Internal vs. external features
- Activity 1: Internal & external features
- Wants vs. needs
- Activity 2: Wants vs. needs
- Activity 3: Obstacles
- Character arc
- Activity 4: Character arc
- Activity 5: Stakes
- Advice on characters
- Glossary: Character
Whats on the inside vs. outside of a character?
Illustration of the boy from Pixar's film "Up", with each part of the illustration labeled (such as "sole", "sash", "eyebrows", etc).
Part A: Return to your three favorite films and identify a main character in each.
Part B: Identify three of their external features.
Part C: Identify three of their internal features.
Part D: Identify three internal and external features of someone that you know.
Part E: Return to one of your character ideas from the last lesson. Brainstorm some possible answers to the following questions (feel free to work alone or in a group)
- Is your character a human, animal, object?
- What kind of clothing do they wear?
- How does your character move?
- What's the first thing you'd notice when looking at them from a distance?
- What do they like to do?
- What do they fear?
- What emotion do they most often feel?
- How would they respond if trapped in an elevator?
Want to join the conversation?
- Three Main Characters
* Grey fur
* Member of the species (Equus africanus asinus)
* Hazel colored eyes
* Very energetic, likes to move around and has a lot of energy
* Sensitive, has a plentiful amount of emotion and expresses them greatly
* Happy, carefree attitude and doesn’t let anything stop his happy mood
* Uses wheels instead of feet to move around
* Body is a compartment for compacting trash
* Likes to explore the world around him
* If trapped in an elevator, they’d probably freak out and do what ever it takes to escape
* They most often feel entropy
Black Mamba (Kill Bill: Volume 1 & 2)
* Blond haired
* Very self reliant
* Strong wilded
Someone that I know
* Black hair
* Asian facial features
* Light make-up on face
* Very caring & loving
* Loves to cook filipino dishes especially lumpia & pancit(33 votes)
- Hermione Granger:
External: Human, brown naturally curly hair, big front teeth, brown eyes, robed, moves smoothly.
Internal: Kind, smart, helpful, easygoing.
External: Pretty, fit, braided brown hair, olive skin, gray eyes, normally wears a shirt and pants, moves smoothly.
Internal: Kind, caring, smart, grieving, helpful, loving, rebellious.
Nicole (From Nailed It):
External: Brown skin, hair, and eyes, pretty hair, normally wears a dress, moves like she is dancing.
Internal: Funny, likes joking with the bakers, smart, needy (she always shouts when she needs something).(22 votes)
External- Grape Looking
Scars from an Unknown Experience
Only Smiles after World Domination
Internal- wants to Cut the Universe in Half (basically)
does not care About Children ( Commonly slaps them)
Roasts Thor like a Boss
single handedly fueling the meme company(18 votes)
- My character: Looks like a rotting potato like literally. He is fit and well built. on the inside he is insane and little bit psychotic. He is very talkative and annoying but can be adorable sometimes. He is very weird. He is very unpredictable and i wouldn't even know what he would do if he gets stuck in an elevator.(15 votes)
External: a trash robot that is rusting and the last of his kind. goggle eyes that may open to revel a hot lazer used for cutting metal and other tough resources. runs on solar energy emitted from the sun. a square body used to crush trash and make them into blocks. his treadmill legs make it easy for him to get around in a hurry. his arms let him pick items up. finally he has a pack on his back.
Internal: Wall-e is a lonely robot seeing as he is the last of his kind. he does have a sense of wonder for what the world is. while Wall-e is not stacking trash, he is exploring, and looking around for new things. that is how he discovered the last living plant in the world. he may be a happy robot, but at the end of the day he is searching for any kind of love. that is why he perked right up when he met EVA.
Jack Frost (Rise Of The Guardians)
External Features: Jack Frost is a Guardian who wears a dark blue hoodie, brown pants with laces around them and walks barefoot. He moves swiftly and playfully. One thing that you may be able to notice from him from afar is that he is a young playful boy, who loves the cold breeze and a tad bit immature...
Internal Features: Jack Frost likes to bring fun playful winter days, he prefers snowball fights. Jack's biggest fear is that he thinks that he won't understand who he is until he finds out who he was in his past life. An emotion that is displayed over and over again for Jack is pride and playfulness. If Jack Frost were to ever be trapped in an elevator would possibly freeze it and kick his way out or call out for his friends.
Zuko is a fire bending master and the prince of the Fire National Royal Family. He is described to be bitter, angry, short tempered and hard headed. Zuko was banished from the Fire Nation and devoted three years to trying to capture the long-lost Avatar to end his banishment and regain his honor as Crown Prince. He has golden colored eyes and dark brown- black hair with light skin.
Sicilian is a human Demigod. He has no shirt and has a egyptian kind of skirt with a opal in the middle. He walks normal. First thing you see from a distance is his glowing marks.
Sicilian likes to look for artifacts tom enhance his power. He fear not being strong enough.
Sicilian most of the time feels mad.
Sicilian would try tom breakhis way out of the elevator.(11 votes)
- Luke Skywalker:
1. is an X-wing pilot
2. has a lightsaber and a blaster
3. is human
3. sign of hope(7 votes)
- my charture is a animal. they don't wear clothes. with four feet. that there might be death. be king. that Mufasa might die. jealousy. idrk(2 votes)
- 1.) Russell Brian: This character is a human,the clothing he wears is all sport clothes for running,playing football, basketball,and other sports. My character moves like how you think a human moves, like you. From a distance, he looks like a friend, a person that I can be friends with and has almost the same story as I am.
Russell Brian likes to do Martial Arts and Football. His fear is moving on in life without his parents, bears, bugs, and confined spaces. The emotion that Russell feels most often is hurt. If Russell is in this situation where he is trapped in a elevator he will bang on the elevator door, yelling for someone to hear him. He will keep hitting the elevator door until someone hears him.
2.) The Flash: This character is a human, metahuman. The clothing he wears when he´s Barry Allen is a flannel shirt, jeans, and vans shoes for work. When he´s The Flash ready to save the world, he´s wearing a his suit and a mask made out of fabric, cloth, and proof that will prevent the suit from heating up. This character moves normal like how human does all the time. Everyone in Central City sees him as a normal human being living his life with his family. And when he´s The Flash, everyone in central city knows that he is there saving innocent people and sending the criminals to the police, so people can be safe. I see him as a great superhero in DC comics, i wish i have superspeed like The Flash.
The Flash likes to eat big belly burgers, being a superhero, doing his work as a forensic scientist, and spending time with his family. His fear is thinking back to his parents when his mother was murdered by a man in yellow aka Reverse Flash. And his father went to prison for something that he didn´t commit by killing his beloved wife, Nora Allen. Star Labs and the West Family are all he has to move forward in life. The emotion that The Flash feels often more is happiness. If he´s stuck in a elevator with strangers or alone or with his friends, he would wait until someone fixes the elevator or wait until someone saves them or use his superpowers to faze through the elevator, but if he discovers that there is a camera inside the elevator, then he can´t use it.(7 votes)
- Jack Thompson, Agent Carter
A human. Blonde, well styled hair. A white button up shirt, sleeves typically rolled up. Nice pants, suspenders. Pale skin.
Insecure, pretends to be confident, aggresive, condensending, cynical.
Diana, Wonder Woman
Human. Long, wavy black hair. Golden war armor, head piece with star, arm bands and boots. A large sword and shield. Yellowish, pale skin.
Confident, optimistic, naive, righteous, brave and very morally strong.
Zia, Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom
Human. Short, straight black hair. Yellow tee-shirt, clothe(?) shorts, pink glasses. Black backpack. Pale skin.
Sassy, confident, protective, bold. Smart and compasionate.(7 votes)
- This is my character that I made up: a wolf, moves with purpose, pitch black. Loves to read, especially fantasy, daydreams, climbs. Fears betrayal or rejection. Fells caution and wants to fix injustice. If were trapped in an elevator, would scream to let him out, then calm down, and comfort anyone in with him. (name is Ano)(5 votes)