Pixar in a Box
Overview of this lesson
Ready to dive into some more math?
In this lesson we are going to derive a powerful formula which will calculate where any point goes afterrotation by an angle about the origin.
The formulas we'll end up with are:
What do I need to know before starting?
Want to join the conversation?
- I looked at the pictures of the math formulas, and I'm totally feel like I've been overwhelmed. I've gotten this far and now I feel like I'm stuck at an IMPOSSIBLE roadblock. Help!(4 votes)
That's ok. Everyone gets stuck at one point in time. Perhaps you should learn Trigonometry, so then you can get a better understanding of things. Here's the link:
Hope this helps!
---Inspirable Learner(3 votes)
- isnt cosine and sine trigonomitry(2 votes)
- Yes they are. They get taught over here in mathematics:
- Why does this have to be required? I am not interested, but I have to. I mean,it's a learning experience on how to do all that stuff that Pixar does, but unless you're going to be a Pixar person, what do I need this skill for?(3 votes)
- i am in 10,00000000000 grade and i know every thing in this worlds and other worlds(1 vote)
- i think its ok that i am a 5th grader but i still watch your videos and do your activities. its kind of fun andienjoy it.
Thank you so so much for creating this on Khan Academy.
plus i am 10 years old :)(1 vote)
- im in 5th grade(1 vote)