Pixar in a Box
Welcome to Rendering!
Welcome to Rendering!
In this topic we are going to explore how pixels are painted by solving systems of linear equations.
This topic contains two lessons:
- Appropriate for all grades 5+
- Learn more about the basics of rendering and practice some ray tracing and shading
- Appropriate for the senior high school level
- Discover the equations used at Pixar to calculate intersection points in three dimensions
Want to join the conversation?
- Just about how long does it take to create a full movie like that?(11 votes)
- It takes Pixar anywhere between four and seven years to make a movie.(1 vote)
- This is a great effort by Pixar to spread education about the industry. The content is helpful to even those already working in the industry. My question, being a Lighting artist is that does Pixar consider employing people who do not possess educational qualification on paper, but have gained knowledge say via Khan Academy or other experiences?(14 votes)
- In simple terms, what is rendering?(5 votes)
- Rendering is the process of making an image. You start with a 3D model of the scene, characters and lights as code in the computer. Rendering takes those elements and "draw" the image of how they would appear on the camera.(10 votes)
- I have a good question, becuase I'm doing animation for the first time, within my own curiosity I would like to know if "Is it always necessary within having to ("RENDER") an animation in order for it to act as real as seen in movies and short films? If so then I would like to know more about it. Thanks.(6 votes)
- Am I the only one having issues with the interactives for this lesson? The Ray Tracing interactive hangs in an infinite loop. The Matching Properties of Lighting also seems to not be working correctly. I have submitted an error report, directly, but since this has been an issue for several weeks, I'm beginning to wonder if it's me.(4 votes)
- I'm a graphic designer, and I was wondering, how do they manage to render so quickly?(3 votes)
- How long did it take to make the incredibles?(2 votes)
- The Incredibles 2 Took 14 Years To Finish.
I don't have a very good answer but Producer John Walker simply told GameSpot that "We all had other movies to make and other things to do, and also life goes faster than you think."
I hopes this helps!😊(3 votes)
- Khan academy is soo underrated! so much of content in her, its so useful!(2 votes)
- why is it called pixer in a box?(2 votes)
- What do they do to make the animations?(2 votes)
- check the animation portion in pixar in a box