Pixar in a Box
- Start here!
- Welcome to rigging
- 1. Rotate deformers
- Rigging rotation deformers
- 2. Translation deformers
- Rigging translation deformers
- 3. Scale deformers
- Create a younger model using scaling
- 4. Putting everything together
- Rigging scaling deformers
- Bonus: Animate a rigged character
- 5. Make a face
- Rigging Knick's face
- Getting to know Brian Green
Bonus: Animate a rigged character
Animate the model
Use the program below to animate the rigged lamp model.
How to animate
- Each deformer has a control at the bottom of the screen.
- The blue line shows the value of a deformer in each frame.
- Move the orange and pink control points to change the value of deformers.
- Click on the blue line to add new control points.
- Drag the orange point on top of the deformer control to change the current frame.
For more information see our animation tutorial.
How to save your animation
- Press the save button; this will bring up a black box containing the code for your animation.
- Copy all the text in the box and paste it here to create a new program.
- Save that program.
- If you see an X and several A's at the end of the code, delete them.
Want to join the conversation?
- Mine is having an omega seizure(27 votes)
- i do not know why mine is so CRAZY it's having a total freakout(10 votes)
- If this is only 2D animation then how hard is it in 3D?(14 votes)
- I wouldn't say it is harder, but it is considerably more complex. In 3D animation there are more controls, as there different aspects of the object to take into consideration. But I'm sure you can do it. :)(9 votes)
- my standlight is trying to killing someone(11 votes)
- Mine just got voted out for being imposter(10 votes)
- Sorry, I could not understand your question.(0 votes)
- How do you delete frames?? Cause I made an animation and it ends by the ninth frame and the remaining frames are really messing up my animation and I have no way of fixing it so could someone please help me out here(6 votes)
- I think you should just scale the 9 frame animation to 24 frames by multiplying by 8/3.(4 votes)
- My animated lamp thingy doesn’t have that black box thingy to help me copy & paste. So sad.😞😩🥺😢😭! My Lamp was falling down! I even named it Sofia! ( or Sammy if it’s a boy. TBH I haven’t decided yet.)(6 votes)
- Dang my lamp is flipping out. Someone call the doctor-(6 votes)
- Next to rotate base there should be colored dots or just dot move them up and down(4 votes)
- it would make it a lot easier if it would scroll using the scroll wheel.(4 votes)
- Wow if You make the Lineaments to symmetrical it can get kinda funky(3 votes)