Pixar in a Box
- Start here!
- Math meets artistry
- 1. Straight ahead animation
- Straight ahead animation
- 2. Linear interpolation
- Animation with linear interpolation
- 3. Bezier curves
- Animation with Bezier curves
- 4. Squash and stretch
- Squash and stretch animation with Bezier curves
- Animation 101
- Getting to know Rob Jensen
- Save your animation
- Hands-on activity: animating Luxo Jr.
Introduction to the animation topic
Welcome to Animation!
In this topic, we'll explore how animators bring characters to life with the help of animation curves.
This topic contains two lessons:
- Appropriate for all ages
- Using our animation tools, you'll bring a bouncing ball to life!
- Appropriate for grade eight through high school
- Uncover the construction behind Bezier curves of various degrees
Want to join the conversation?
- When can I start trying to make animations?(70 votes)
- It really depends. In my opinion its how interested you are in animating! Look for some inspiration. Look at a few cartoons and start!(42 votes)
- is there a place where i can do 3d animation with graphics and detail
like models of people i can animate/(30 votes)
- is a flip book count as a animation(21 votes)
- When can I make animations?(10 votes)
- You can make animation at any age! It often takes practice, but you can start by using things like firealpaca, (used for drawing but can also animate, I use this often) flipaclip, (free, is a phone app) blender, (free, for 3D animation), and many others, like adobe animate, toon boom, and tv paint!(12 votes)
- Do we have to be a certain age to publish our animation(7 votes)
- which application is used for animations?(6 votes)
- Honestly, you can use many different applications, softwares, and scripting to animate your 3D or 4D models after you completed them.
If you have a 3D model after you made it you will need to save it to you desktop and go to https://www.autodesk.com/solutions/3d-animation-software to animate your beautiful 3D models! Run along now and get animating and MAKE YOUR PARENTS PROUD!(9 votes)
- how many steps are there to animation(8 votes)
- I don’t know they way of doing it(5 votes)
- can i start making stuff now(4 votes)
- well i mean do you have what u need? are you ready make !!sure!! you can do this!! also you need to know geometry and physics make that sure(5 votes)