HOW TO PLAY
This challenge is for all ages, it doesn't assume you have any specialized knowledge.
All other information you need can be found within Khan Academy.
Through this challenge there will be exercises to assess whether you broke the encryptions.
Please do not post successful decryptions in the Q&A (this is classified information!)
Please do post ideas/hints to help your fellow users (especially if you solved it)
Want to join the conversation?
- How many people have completed the entire challenge?(16 votes)
- how do you play?(4 votes)
- This is not really a game, it's a challenge on cryptography. You need to decipher clues 1, 2, 3, and 4 and the discovery to find the answers to crypto checkpoints one, two, and three.(8 votes)
- This is probably the most underrated content on Khan Academy... I completed it a couple years ago. It's challenging, but really fun! It's extremely satisfying if you're someone who likes to solve puzzles!(6 votes)
- Yeah, that is great but you should put your tips and thanks messages in the tips and thanks section.(1 vote)
- can I use Cryptography in coding programs like c++ or python?(3 votes)
- The question is poorly worded. Yes, you can create encryption methods using many programming languages where c++ and python are included.(1 vote)
- ok anything else we should know?(2 votes)
- um... where's the crypto challenge, exactly?(1 vote)
- how do you do the phi method(1 vote)
- from what I understand the phi method is where you take any number an calculate the number of prime numbers leading up to it
if the number is already a prime then simply subtract one :)(1 vote)