There are a billion webpages, and many of them are interactive in some way - in fact, many of them are interactive in the same ways. How many websites have you seen that use a slideshow? I've seen hundreds, myself!
Screenshot of a slideshow from National Geographic
Photo of a slideshow of waterfall photos on Instagram
Screenshot of a slideshow from The Onion
Screenshot of the documentation for Galleria
When a programmer creates a JS library and puts it out into the world, they're purposefully deciding to share it with the world - so that often means they put in the effort to come up with great documentation and examples. Perhaps one day you will decide to create a library of some functionality that you find really useful and share it with the world.
But first, how do you actually use a library? I'll show you that next!
Want to join the conversation?
- There is no need to burden the language definition with functionality that can be easily implemented using the language.
Turning the question around, which ones might you suggest?
- Can i check the source of a website, then find the library the website using and open the .js file and copy it?
Is it copyright infringement?(7 votes)
- Here's an answer found from google:
When you make any creative work including coding, the work is under exclusive copyright by default. Unless you include a license that specifies otherwise, nobody else can copy, distribute, or modify your work without being at risk of take-downs, shake-downs, or litigation.(1 vote)
- Is there any special "test" that your function has to go through to be included in the library? Or can anyone make a library that anyone can use?(5 votes)
- Okay, I'm not sure where to ask this (like always lol), but is there a function like
get()in PJS that can be used in a website canvas? If not, is there a way I can turn a drawing into an image?(4 votes)
- Yes, you can draw your own images.
- It is common for all languages. A library is just a collection of ready made functions or code.
There might be languages that cannot include the libraries, and so the code would need to be copied from the library into the project.(4 votes)
- In the JS tutorials on KA we use the processing JS library right So can we use the same library to make web pages? If so, can you please tell me how?(4 votes)
- What does slice do in java script I am fairly confused and the results seem to be random in slice and I am not sure(1 vote)
- Save your program. Then use its "Help Requests" tab to ask for assistance. That way we can see your program.(2 votes)
- Let's say i want to make an online game, how would i make an HTML replacement for rect(); or ellipse(); could anyone show me a tutorial for that if possible?(1 vote)
- there are a ton of js libraries. Is there anything common between all of them? which should i prefer?(1 vote)