Microsoft founder Bill Gates gives a quick overview of the entire How Computers Work series.
Want to join the conversation?
- How are brain functions and works has this help influence the design of a computer and how it functions?(27 votes)
- The way a computer functions is very similar to the brain, but the brain is much more complex. A computer inputs information and outputs it, depending on what the computer was made for. For example, a phone can display a text, a camera can display a photo and so on.(8 votes)
- HOW actually computer works?
i wanna be a programmer(1 vote)
- You don't have to fully understand how a computer works to program. You can write high-level code, and though it takes a lot of work to make a computer understand that code (interpreters, compilers, operating systems, assembly), you can just use programs that other people have written to run your own program. Learning a bit about how a computer executes your code is certainly helpful, but it would take a lifetime to get through all the tiny details.
As for how a computer works, it simply follows instructions one by one. It can do that because of logic gates, which are powered by electricity. You can learn about logic gates in the next few videos. If you want to know more detail, the area you should look into is called Computer Architecture, sometimes called machine structures.(10 votes)
- If 1 and 0 are hard to compute or work with. How come computer programer now start changing their language and it could make coding a lot easier? If so, what is the reason that you can or can't change this algorithm.(2 votes)
- Although information takes up more space when stored in binary and the binary math might seem more difficult, it has to be used because of the computer hardware. The computers can only store information as a high-signal (which is a 1) or a low-signal (which is a 0).(3 votes)
- What actually is a computer and how can mathematics be the driving force behind it all frankly speaking?(2 votes)
- can you talk about windows? by the way, use Microsoft edge for better browsing experience and more user friendly interfaces.(2 votes)
- What was the first computer ever made?(0 votes)
- The ENIAC, Developed in 1940 was the first Computer. However, it did not use keyboards, mice or monitors but rather punch cards.(3 votes)
- Do computers have feelings or maybe they can never occupy the truth in being totally innocent of knowledge after all humans are to blame for that.(1 vote)
- what code can you use?(1 vote)
- Does this course is same to the “Computer and the Internet”?which should I start to?
Please answer me if you can,thank you.(1 vote)
- Everywhere you look, computers are changing the world. Whether they're on our desktops, in our homes, our pockets or just about anywhere else. - But while most of us use this revolutionary technology daily, we don't often ask, how do computers work? In this series, you're gonna learn how computers really work. Starting with what makes a computer a computer. Then, you'll look at how information is represented inside the computer using tiny electrical signals going on and off at mind-boggling speeds. After that, you'll learn how computers choose circuits to do everything from simple math to simulating entire virtual worlds. Next, you'll zoom out and look at the different parts of the computer that actually input, output, and store all that information. Finally, you'll take a look at what code actually is and how software controls hardware. So, whether you're just curious about the devices you use everyday or you wanna design the innovations of the future, the first step is learning how computers work. (upbeat music)