- Information about athletic scholarships
- Types of grants and scholarships
- Searching for scholarships
- Student story: Searching for scholarships
- Student story: Applying for scholarships
- Student story: Relying on scholarships when facing immigration challenges
Student story: Applying for scholarships
Want to join the conversation?
- Does the US federal government offer scholarships for foreign citizens? For example, I am a student from India. Would I be offered grants and scholarships by the US government if I decided to do my undergrad in the US? This is regarding the merit scholarships that it offers, not the need-based ones.(2 votes)
- Generally (almost universally) the answer is no. Some colleges will offer aid, but is rarely out of a government fund. Usually these scholarships are offered out of donated money funds or the schools endowment (which is usually just a massive donation fund that the college manages). These scholarships are very competitive and scarce.(3 votes)
- At0:03do I have to apply to alot of scholarships. Also, when should i start looking for scholarships?(2 votes)
- I'm a student and mother trying to make ends meet and create a future for my family. I'm in need of a little assistance . Any pointers about writing a grant for myself would be greatly appreciated...
Thank you(2 votes)
- So when looking at financial aid opportunities the first thing I looked at were scholarships. I applied to a lot and basically just did a quick Google search of scholarships that pertained to things that I was interested in. Applied to as many as I could, that was, you know, humanly feasible, and then I actually ended up getting a couple. Which was nice because it supplements some of the stuff my financial aid doesn't.