CSS Profile information
What is the CSS Profile?
The CSS Profile is an online application administered by College Board that collects information used by nearly 400 colleges and scholarship programs to award non-federal aid—funding that goes above and beyond aid awarded through the FAFSA®.
The CSS Profile™ is now free to U.S. domestic students with family incomes up to $100,000.
For answers to basic questions about completing your CSS Profile™ application, visit this article.
To learn more, visit CSS Profile at College Board.
Here are more helpful tutorials on the CSS Profile application process:
Applying for financial aid can seem a bit daunting! Find additional resources and helpful guides on BigFuture.
Want to join the conversation?
- The CSS/Financial Aid Profile 2018-19 doesn't look same as this one. can you please update the videos.(15 votes)
- Agree with comment, radically new format. I have found the following sources which might be helpful:
- How do you get this on in the first lace?(3 votes)
- Here: https://student.collegeboard.org/css-financial-aid-profile
Then scroll down and click the sign in button(6 votes)
- Is it necessary to fill in the explanations/ special circumstances part if there is nothing really wrong about your family but you just can't afford the university?(5 votes)
- In your tutorial it states the question where it asks if the parent owns assets held in the names of their children your explanation is that is where they want to know if you have 529 or similar accounts for siblings. When I click on the box to add the total value of parents assets held in children's accounts it states
Funds held in 529 college savings or prepaid tuition accounts should not be included here, but should be included as one of the parents' investments.
I am not sure where I should be putting the value of the 529 account's held and if its required to put in all of my children's accounts or just the student applying?(3 votes)
- Hi sir, I have a doubt... in my CSS Profile I selected the country of currency as India... So do I need to convert all my income and expenses from Indian rupee to dollar to give that information? I have given all the values considering it as in Indian rupee... So I want to know whether they take all that values in Indian rupee or in US dollars... Hope you will help... Thank you...(2 votes)
- You absolutely have to convert the value to US dollars, unless stated otherwise. Loans/financial aid are calculated based on income in US equivalent currency. Considering a single US dollar is worth many rupees, providing the currency in rupees will result in you recieving no aid and maybe not even good quality student loans.(3 votes)
- Do i enter all money related questions using dollars?(2 votes)
- No, you can choose the currency in which you enter all money related questions.(3 votes)
- Can you use an iPad to complete a css profile, or is it best to use a laptop or desktop?(2 votes)
- ipads work fine as long as you have a bluetooth keyboard and mouse. it is, however, easier to work on a laptop or desktop. but ipads will work.(3 votes)
- how do i know that this is a good program for me?(3 votes)
- yes it really does I don't go on Khan Academy that much but I know I should because it really helps!(2 votes)
- Although it does not appear as one of the questions in Part 6 of the video, one of my colleges asked for a response. I need more information about the question asking "Does the student expect to receive an outside scholarship during 2017-18?" I applied for various scholarships, but do not receive replies until later. Should I just select "No"?(2 votes)
- I'm needing advice about formatting the Special Circumstances section. I have removed all characters except the ones stated are okay:
"Please provide the information in English using the following standard American keyboard characters: letters (A-Z), numbers (0-9) and punctuation (.,:;-?!$@%#=). Ampersands, greater than/less than symbols, or other characters not listed as safe may cause processing problems."
Yet, I am still getting an error message saying there are invalid characters """"
Can you help?(2 votes)