In the previous part of this activity, we listened to many people talk about their career journeys. Let's take it a step deeper and think about how we can apply their learnings to our lives.
Life is a journey, sometimes with uncertainty or things that don’t go your way.
What are some strategies you can adopt to help you navigate uncertainty?
Sam, the salon owner, had an open heart and was open to new ideas.
What are some strategies you can adopt to help you overcome frustration when things don’t go your way?
Olivia, the film director, viewed everything as a learning opportunity and focused on listening and being humble.
Kelly, the audio engineer, reached out to her friends and network when she couldn't find a job. She also looked at ways she could acquire more skills by going back to school.
Paul, the teacher leader, believed in his overarching goal that he wanted to make a social impact for people who were like him. He believed that he could make a difference.
What are some opportunities you can grasp now or in college to make an initial step toward your career?
Michael, the dancer, did a self-reflection and realized that he didn’t have enough formal ballet training. He took a step back in order to take more steps forward later on.
Congratulations, you have completed all 3 parts of Activity 7: Connect, Learn, Reflect! These activities are part of the LearnStorm 2019 program.
Want to join the conversation?
Some strategies are if something prevents you from succeeding don’t give up. And remaing calm could help a lot.(6 votes)
- why do adults blame physical pain on electronics?(7 votes)
- Bc adults are weird.(2 votes)
- sometimes life can help us to understand learning better. If you're able to get through those bad experiences then you should be able to work by yourself out of it and make your plan work as you'll get better learning results that you already have.(5 votes)
- the more i think and do things for my future the more i will do the things ive been practicing for(5 votes)
- 1. some strategies I would use to learn better is to accept help to overcome difficult challenges.
2.When things don't go my way I need to be able to understand what I can fix and what remain calm.
3. Some opportunities I can take is to apply any knowledge I have to a certain concept .(4 votes)
- ur done ur done ur done ur done ur done(3 votes)
- So basically be flexible, open-minded, find support, and find a motivator.(3 votes)
- Music has always helped my anxiety and uncertainty in most circumstances I face, going with the rythm helps me calmore down and concentrate(3 votes)
- What is the square root of 5555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555(2 votes)
- 2.3570226 to the 61 power(2 votes)
Some strategies are if something prevents you from succeeding don’t give up. And remaing calm could help a lot.(2 votes)