Not all strategies for overcoming frustration work for everyone. You have to find out which strategies work best for you! Use the reflection questions below to develop your own plan to keep going, keep growing when you get frustrated.
- Think of a time when you were frustrated while learning a new concept or doing your homework.
- Describe that time. How did you feel?
Create a plan for what you will do next time to overcome the frustration you listed earlier.
- Recognize: What are some indications that you are frustrated?
- Some people start thinking about quitting; some people get angry; and some people start crying.
- Remind: What can you say to remind yourself that frustration is a normal part of the process?
- Some things we can say are “Struggle makes me stronger” or “Frustration is how I grow my brain.”
- Reset: What will you do to reset?
- Some people go on a short walk; some people dance to their favorite song; and some people take a mental break.
Congratulations! You have completed all 3 parts of Activity 4: Connect, Learn, Reflect! These activities are part of the LearnStorm 2019 program.
Want to join the conversation?
- I am a person who doesn't like asking for help.I think if i asked for help when other people understand i make myself seem dumb.But these videos make me want to go back and ask a million of questions.(16 votes)
- I learn that it's important to say to myself "it's okay to struggle at something, to be frustrated, and to make mistakes. this is even good for you to develop your skill." It's also essential to remember that it's fine to always ask for help if you don't get something. never care about what people would think of you. you just have to accept that everyone (not only you) in this world might be slower than others on learning certain skills and that's normal. so you must not be ashamed to learn slowly from the basic.(15 votes)
- I would defiantly take a different approach. If you do not succeed just get up and try again. Everyone makes mistakes we are just supposed to learn from them.(6 votes)
- i hate doing this for schoolwork(6 votes)
- Is it good to give extra time for proofread any content?(5 votes)