Sample school report and transcript (for homeschoolers)
Want to join the conversation?
- I am a self-teaching student. How can I get teacher recommendation letter?(11 votes)
- In your situation it may be hard to get teachers recommendation letter, as it would be more like a personal statement if you as your own teacher recommend yourself. Recommendation letter from sport coaches, community seniors, employers, long-term friends and other non-family members who know you well is as great.(3 votes)
- What if you studied a course at home and don't have a "legit" grade. How do you put that in your transcript?(7 votes)
- Grades assigned by whomever taught you are legit grades. Other ways to show mastery would be SAT subject tests, AP exams, CLEP exams or other credit-by-examination programs. If you don't want to take exams, you can show your mastery by providing a reading or resource list and work samples to show what you've accomplished.(4 votes)
- I am not applying to College or university as my circumstances are different due to chronic illness/Immunodeficiency etc. I am at college /university level Self Learner I am trying to design my own academic learning portfolio showcasing my skillsets, Moocs I learned from, essays written,drawings ,photography and stuff I am programming and a full set of skills I am trying to apply Sal Khan's future learning approaches the question I do have How does one develop a academic portfolio or what should be in it? Is there any examples etc. available for me to start off with?(7 votes)
- There are several ways to make a portfolio. I think one of the best forms would be to have at least two samples of schoolwork and tests per subject per semester, a list of the days you have had school, your grades, your awards, a list of community service hours you've earned, and a summary of what you've done in general (including extra-curricular activities and competitions) for the year.(1 vote)
- if i am doing khan for all four years of my highschool how would i put that on my transcript(4 votes)
- I'm not sure but I would list Khan Academy as the curriculum.(4 votes)
- Im in my second year of High School . I was homeschooled by my mom and older sister when i was small ,because the country which i lived in offered extremely poor education. For two years I was homeschooled but, i don t remember much. i move to the DR and now im attending to a private school. i will liked to be homechooled for many reasons but i was wondering if Khan academy
offered Homeschooling programs with curriculumn for highschool students?(5 votes)
- seems there are to many words!(0 votes)
- Indeed, brevity is the soul of wit, but this is not meant to be funny.(13 votes)
- What if the school in my home country did not had the system of courses? All subjects like math, English, literature were required to attend. Is there any way to calculate the credits, that I got in high school?(3 votes)
- The way my school measures credits is determined by hours or what is completed. One credit is the equivalent to the completion of a textbook or 130 hours of work in that subject. Only one of those requirements is required to make it count as a full credit. Dual enrollment classes are, I think, one credit per semester.(2 votes)
- Hi I'm a student in South Africa who's planning to attend university in America. The school that I attend does have a college counselor however, the counselor is completely inexperienced with handling American application paperwork. Can i ask one of my parents to fill our the transcript or should the counselor still try to complete the paper work?(3 votes)
- Have the counselor complete the paper work.(1 vote)
- Hi, so this isn't really related to applying to college or university...
I came here by accident looking for a way to gather a 'report card/progress report' of what I've done in math so far to send back to my school (I'm away for the year and am being homeschooled). My guidance councillor at my school needs to see what I've done and the progress that I've made. If anyone knows, please tell me!
Thanks a million.(2 votes)
- This would be a similar process to making a transcript, the only difference would be that you would put more detail into each of the subjects, and that you would only be doing it for the one year.(1 vote)
- I worry that as a homeschooler who has been completely taught at home that my parent-assigned grades will be overlooked, as they are considered subject to bias. I am an excellent student, but straight As might just be seen as parental bias instead of actual academic achievement. Will my "grades" actually help at all or should I completely focus on standardized testing?(2 votes)
- Do your best in your regular work and in test prep. Learn as much as possible to prepare properly. Your test scores will support your grades.(1 vote)