Welcome to Camp Khan 2021!
Summer is for passing time creatively with friends and family, trying new things, and recharging!
Camp Khan is a FREE 31-day challenge for you to complete 15-minutes of math each day from July 1st through July 31st. Our program will focus you on the exact math skills that matter the most, setting you up for success in the next school year, while prioritizing SUMMER. After the 15 minutes of math are over and the device is tucked away, we’ll provide you with some fun activity ideas, boredom busters, and lots of chances to win cool prizes.
How Camp Khan works
- Figure out what to focus on to help you prepare for next year’s math class. You might brush up on something difficult from last year or tackle an entirely new topic! Talk to your teacher or with your family and commit!
- Navigate to the topic or grade level you’re working towards in Khan Academy’s “Get Ready” courses, and take the course challenge. This will help you breeze past skills you’re already comfortable with, so your 15 minutes of practice are spent getting stronger. #worksmarter
- Set a goal and commit to strengthening your growth mindset by checking off your 31-day challenge tracker!
- We’ll email you weekly tips for reviewing key skills, reconnecting with what matters, and reflecting on your progress. When you share a photo of your challenge tracker with us, you'll be entered to win our prizes throughout July!
Q: Help, I’m new and starting too late!
A: No problem! You can complete the 31-day summer challenge anytime that works for you. Though our prizes and giveaways will only be available in July, all learners can continue using Khan Academy’s “Get Ready” courses to prepare for a new unit at any point throughout the school year.
Q: I'm too young for Camp Khan, got anything else going on this summer?
A: Absolutely! Camp Khan Kids is a free, self-paced virtual summer learning program for children ages 2–8. The camp guides parents and children in a playful educational journey using the Khan Academy Kids app as a launchpad into hands-on learning. Families will receive a weekly calendar of online and offline activities to spark imagination, play, and learning. It’s easy to use and adapt for your family; start at any time, choose any mix of activities that you like, and progress at your own pace. Activities cover reading, writing, math, logic, creative play, and social-emotional development. Weekly activity themes for 2021 include dinosaurs, space, science, and wild animals.
Camp Khan Kids takes place July 5-31, 2021. For more information, visit the overview page: khan.co/CampKhanKids2021
Q: What are the “Get Ready” courses?
A: As we slide into summer, we know many families are concerned about keeping up with math skills, so we’re determined to do all we can to help students feel confident and comfortable next year! Our “Get Ready” courses help families focus on the critical skills students in grades 3-12 will need for the fall.
We designed the courses to help students master the most important skills they’ll need for the next grade. What’s more, students can use our new courses to figure out where they may have gaps before they enter that grade. Teachers and students can also use “Get Ready” at any time to complement grade-level instruction.
Q: How can families participate?
A: Families will need an internet connection and a free Khan Academy account to participate. They can sign up for an account on the Khan Academy website.
Q: What parts of the camp will be available in Spanish?
A: For Spanish-speaking families, the weekly emails will include a Spanish translation and the “Get Ready” courses are available in Spanish.
Want to join the conversation?
- Do I have to register somewhere for the Get ready for 7th grade Camp Khan or will I start receiving emails once I take the course challenge and start learning in the course (as I do on any other Math course on KA)?
Anyways, I'm super-excited for #CampKhan2020! :)(34 votes)
- What if I'm going into AP statistics next year.(8 votes)
- Are there going to be lower grade levels available? My Kindergarten would really like to do this where as my 4th grader won't.(7 votes)
- Actually, there is a separate camp for younger students called "Camp Khan Kids" There is more info on it if you just look up "Camp Khan Kids". I don't think they have come out with it yet, but it will come soon.(6 votes)
- Do you have a virtual camp for 1st grade?(6 votes)
- As I said above ^^ Actually, there is a separate camp for younger students called "Camp Khan Kids" There is more info on it if you just look up "Camp Khan Kids". I don't think they have come out with it yet, but it will come soon.(4 votes)
- Will there be an AP Calculus course?(5 votes)
- Unfortunately, there isn't a "Get Ready For" class for AP Calculus, but there is a normal course for this, so you could probably use the normal course and just take the "course challenge" to know what you need to work on.
Hope that helps!(4 votes)
- Will there be Camp Kahn 2023 for incoming Grades 3 -6? I can only seem to see Camp Kahn 2021. Thank you for any info you can provide.(6 votes)
- I haven't seen a Camp Khan 2023 announcement yet. But there is a Camp Khan Kids 2023, from Khan Academy Kids.(3 votes)
- What if I'm still in 3rd grade?(5 votes)
- Are the Get Ready courses going to be still on Khan Academy after the 10 weeks are going to be over?(5 votes)
- Where do you upload your picture with the tracker? I did not get an email so I can't reply to email with the photo.(4 votes)
- The weekly prize drawing submission link will be posted here each week: https://blog.khanacademy.org/campkhan21/(4 votes)