When adapting Khan Academy for your region, it is incredibly helpful to have a mapping of your region’s local curriculum to Khan Academy’s localized math content (practice skills). This provides a starting place for learners, parents, and educators in the region. Use khanacademy.org/r/curricularmap as a starting point.
Considerations when creating a mapping:
1) Consider the mapping a progression of learning (not just mapping standards to skills), giving thought to what order students should learn things in
2) Group skills together in subtopics. You may notice in each of our grade level topics, there are subtopics to help students understand what concepts go to together and in what order.
3) Use the U.S. grade levels on KA as the best example of what a mapping can look like. The *ideal* for us is to (in the future) be able to integrate localized tutorials for each region directly into the KA platform similar to what exists for the U.S. standards.
Example curriculum mappings
Below are partial mappings that organizations around the world have provided. If you have a more up-to-date mapping focusing on how your local curriculum relates to KA practice skills, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bulgaria for select grades across 1-8.
- Ireland for FETAC Level 3 requirements. (Instructor Sorcha Moran created this mapping and uses it in her classroom. Learn how here.)
- Netherlands across all grades.
- Portugal video map for grades 1-12.
- South Africa CAPS map ("Watch") for grades 6-12.
- Turkey exercises and videos for grades 1-12, plus some University