AP Art History
Key issues for the study of AP Art History
Introduction to Cultures and Religions for the study of AP Art History
Global prehistory: 30,000-500 B.C.E.
Ancient Mediterranean: 3500 B.C.E.-300 C.E.
Early Europe and Colonial Americas: 200-1750 C.E.
Later Europe and Americas: 1750-1980 C.E.
Africa: 1100-1980 C.E.
West and central Asia: 500 B.C.E.-1980 C.E.
South, East, and Southeast Asia: 300 B.C.E.-1980 C.E.
Global contemporary: 1980-present
- Ancient Egypt, an introduction
- Egyptian Art
- Palette of King Narmer
- Old Kingdom: Seated Scribe
- Old Kingdom: The Great Pyramids of Giza
- Old Kingdom: Pyramid of Khufu
- Old Kingdom: Pyramid of Khafre and the Great Sphinx
- Old Kingdom: Pyramid of Menkaure
- Akhenaten, Nefertiti, and Three Daughters
- Last Judgement of Hunefer, from his tomb
- The classical orders
- The Athenian Agora and the experiment in democracy
- Anavysos Kouros
- Peplos Kore from the Acropolis
- Attic Red-Figure: Niobid Painter, "Niobid Krater"
- Making Greek vases
- Polyklietos, Doryphoros (Spear Bearer)
- Parthenon (Acropolis)
- East Pediment sculptures, Parthenon, including Helios, Horses and Dionysus (Heracles?)
- "Plaque of the Ergastines" fragment from the frieze on the east side of the Parthenon
- Victory (Nike) Adjusting Her Sandal, Temple of Athena Nike (Acropolis)
- Classical: Grave Stele of Hegeso
- Winged Victory (Nike) of Samothrace
- Great Altar of Zeus and Athena at Pergamon
- Alexander Mosaic from the House of the Faun, Pompeii
- Apollonius, Seated Boxer