Pressure Volume Loops
- Pressure in the Left Heart - Part 1
- Pressure in the Left Heart - Part 2
- Pressure in the Left Heart - Part 3
- Left Ventricular Pressure vs. Time
- Left Ventricular Volume vs. Time
- Drawing a Pressure-Volume Loop
- Understanding the Pressure-Volume Loop
- End Diastolic Pressure-Volume Relationship (EDPVR)
- End Systolic Pressure-Volume Relationship (ESPVR)
- Reimagine the Pressure Volume Relationship
- What is Preload?
- Why Doesn't the Heart Rip?
Why Doesn't the Heart Rip? Understand LaPlace's law to see the effect that pressure, radius, and wall thickness each have on the "wall stress" in the left ventricle. Rishi is a pediatric infectious disease physician and works at Khan Academy.
Why Doesn't the Heart Rip?
⇐ Use this menu to view and help create subtitles for this video in many different languages. You'll probably want to hide YouTube's captions if using these subtitles.