Pressure volume loops
- Pressure in the left heart - part 1
- Pressure in the left heart - part 2
- Pressure in the left heart - part 3
- Left ventricular pressure vs. time
- Left ventricular volume vs. time
- Drawing a pressure-volume loop
- Understanding the pressure-volume loop
- End diastolic pressure-volume relationship (EDPVR)
- End systolic pressure-volume relationship (ESPVR)
- Reimagine the pressure volume relationship
- What is preload?
- Why doesn't the heart rip?
Understanding the pressure-volume loop Figure out how all of those physiology terms: end-systolic, end-diastolic, pulse pressure, stroke volume, and ejection fraction, can be easily figured out using the pressure-volume loop. Rishi is a pediatric infectious disease physician and works at Khan Academy.
Understanding the pressure-volume loop
⇐ Use this menu to view and help create subtitles for this video in many different languages. You'll probably want to hide YouTube's captions if using these subtitles.