- Meet the placenta!
- Umbilical vessels and the ductus venosus
- Flow through the heart
- Hypoxic pulmonary vasoconstriction
- Foramen ovale and ductus arteriosus
- Fetal hemoglobin and hematocrit
- Double Bohr effect
- Fetal circulation right before birth
- Baby circulation right after birth
- Fetal structures in an adult
Hypoxic pulmonary vasoconstriction Watch how blood gets diverted away from alveoli with low oxygen levels. Rishi is a pediatric infectious disease physician and works at Khan Academy.
Hypoxic pulmonary vasoconstriction
⇐ Use this menu to view and help create subtitles for this video in many different languages. You'll probably want to hide YouTube's captions if using these subtitles.