Changing the PV Loop
- What is Preload?
- What is afterload?
- Increasing the Heart's Force of Contraction
- Reimagine the Pressure Volume Relationship
- What is Contractility?
- Getting Ea (Arterial Elastance) from the PV Loop
- Arterial Elastance (Ea) and Afterload
- Arterial Elastance (Ea) and Preload
- Stroke Work in PV Loops and Boxes
- Contractility, Ea, and Preload Effects on PV Boxes
- Pressure-Volume Boxes
Reimagine the Pressure Volume Relationship Understand what is happening at the cellular level to cause two identical left ventricular volumes to have such different pressures! Rishi is a pediatric infectious disease physician and works at Khan Academy.
Reimagine the Pressure Volume Relationship
⇐ Use this menu to view and help create subtitles for this video in many different languages. You'll probably want to hide YouTube's captions if using these subtitles.